Thursday, September 07, 2006

THIS IS STRANGE BUT TRUE. HENCE BE CAREFUL WITH STRANGERS

THIS IS STRANGE BUT TRUE. HENCE BE CAREFUL WITH STRANGERS

An Encounter with A Serial Killer

23rd May 05 started a good day for me but ended in a narrow escape.
It was at 08.30 P.m. when I left the lecture theatre and rushed to the stage just next to Uganda management Institute (UMI) main Gate, ready to board and get home as early as possible.
Taxis were scarce, as that was the school opening day.

Standing with other three ladies, a Toyota corona car from inside UMI stopped besides us and the man asked whether there was any body going to Bweyogerere.
Four of us boarded and the gentleman started explaining how it is difficult to get Bweyogerere taxis and given the fact that it was a school opening day.

As we approached Nakawa traffic lights, he branched off to the road leading to Luzira portbell and explained that he was avoiding the heavy Jam on the Jinja main highway and was going to use the kinawataka by-pass. That sounded logical because we more often use that route whenever there’s heavy jam on the main high way.

The three ladies said their destination is Ntinda and thought he would leave them at spear motors where they can easily get transport.
The man packed and complained as to why these ladies boarded even when he had told them he was going to Bweyogerere.

After these ladies come out I realised I was alone in the car with this stranger.
My conscience was not clear on the fact that I was alone with this stranger.
I looked scared and quickly this man responded and said his destination is Bweyogerere he is only avoiding traffic jam using the by-pass.

When we reached past Makerere business school he introduced himself.
I’m Peter working with Uganda revenue Authority, a student at UMI and married with one kid.

I also introduced myself as Martha a student with UMI, working with Unilever Uganda and married with two kids.

Here we go:
Stranger: Something strange happened to my account last week, Ush.400, 000/- from my account was withdrawn BY unknown person, has it ever occurred to you? [Establishing whether I have an account with the bank.]

Myself: Well, it has never happened to me but I think it must have been an error in the bank.
I advise you to see the customer care service Manager/ Bank manager immediately and lodge in your complaint.

Stranger: Excuse me, ‘you said you are married with how many kids?’’

Myself: Two kids, I replied.

Stranger: How old are they?

Myself: kindergarten going and lower primary.


Stranger: [Kept quite for five minutes and then asked,] if someone gave you advice, would you take it or not?

Myself: If it’s good advice why not?

[We are now moving towards a smelly valley where they do some car washing]

Stranger: ‘’I pity you lady, I pity you and more so a mother.’’
Well I’m not Peter and I don’t work with URA as earlier introduced, neither a student at UMI.
I’m a serial killer and that is my job.
.


Myself: I looked at the guy in disbelief and then exclaimed.
The question in my heart was what next?

Stranger: And you laugh?

Myself: I’m not laughing, I’m wondering and scared (answered in a low tone)
[I could not believe this humble gentleman change all of a sudden]

Stranger: You seem not to believe me; have you ever heard of a man called Arinaitwe?

Myself: Yes, I have ever heard of him.

Stranger: I trained together with him and my job is to kill.
Here are my gadgets to prove to you that I’m a killer’’.
[Pulled out one long sharp knife, short sharp double-edged knife, apistol, rope with a knot, and a bludgeon.
‘’Have you seen these’’ asked the stranger.


Myself: I answered yes sir.
[Inside my heart I was like, what should I do now?]

Stranger: I’m going to forgive you on the grounds that you are a mother, but never ever board these small cars. These cars are for our own secretive business but not for taking people to their homes. Ok?
Never ever ok? X3 stressing and shouting, his hands shaking and his lips quivering as if possessed by demons.

Myself: I’m sorry and I will never do it again.
[My Heartbeat was so fast, My throat became dry and my feet very cold]
[Now nearing the petrol station on the road that joins kireka and kinawataka]

Excuse me sir, ‘I’m requesting to stop here and I will get my way home’’.

Stranger: ‘’I don’t work on your orders, ‘’shut up’’ and I can kill you, I can kill you, I can kill you woman’’.
[Interchanging the knife and a pistol in his hands, remember he did not stop at any one moment. He continued driving towards Namboole stadium valley]

Myself: I kept quite and was very calm and in my heart I knew it was all over and then I said my last prayer.
[God my hour has come, forgive me of my past mistakes while on earth and accept my soul, God take care of my little children I’m leaving behind on earth Amen] Chances to survive where so minimal that instead I requested God to pardon me and accept my soul.

Stranger: Do you have any money in your bag?

Myself: Yes I have Ushs.3000/-.

Stranger: Only? Who is going to pay for my fuel? Put all the money here, give me your phone and ATM card.

Myself: Here is the money and phone but I don’t have an ATM card. When we get to Bweyogerere I will pick money from my uncle’s shop and pay you.
[I had two phones, Ericson and Nokia. Nokia was on the side bag and could not be seen easily. I also had U.sh30, 000/- in an envelope in the side bag.
I gave him the Ericson. Mean while he demanded that I open all my bags which I did and only to find scholastic materials for my children. I think this one made him more annoyed.
Stranger: You think I’m a fool, to go to Bweyogerere, I’m the most wanted man around if you didn’t know.’’ I said bring your ATM Card ‘’.
[As he points his pistol on my head, ready to shot at me, his eyes became red; his hands started shaking again as he withdrew his pistol and jeered]
He removed the Sim pack from the phone and threw it at me and retained the phone.

You woman, you have your God and when you get to your home kneel and give thanks to your God. I will neither rape you nor kill you, you will reach your home unhurt but give thanks to your God.
[Trembling and shouting]

‘’Never ever do this silly mistake again’’. Have you heard?
I’m an AIDS victim and you are forgiven on the grounds that you are a mother and probably you have your God.
[Now nearing Nambole stadium]
I Will show you where we through dead bodies because it seems up to now you cannot believe what I’m saying.
By the way what is your tribe?

Myself: ‘’Mugisu ‘’I replied.

Stranger: Are you sure?

Myself: I ‘m a Mugishu.

Stranger: Go and thank your God, You are not a Muganda or a Munyankole.
[He shouts and his hands start shaking, his eyes turn red again as he gets his knife ready to stub]
Do you understand luganda?

Myself: Yes I do

Stranger: [Osanze nga muzimu gwange gwa’kutta tegunaninya in luganda meaning; ‘’You found when the spirit of killing had not descended upon me ‘’ thank your God.
[Repeated it three times as he placed his knife down.

[Now at Namboole stadium]
Look down there (Bushy dark valley) and then when you go back ask what they found there last week.
The previous week a struggled dead body of a young lady was found in that place.

[He drives around the field as he claimed was looking for safe parking; He tried to stop but saw a security guard and drove off very fast and joined Joka’s hotel road back to kinawataka.

Myself: I again said my last prayer and my understanding capacity detoriated and felt like my soul was ready to part with the body. My body was helpless and then mentioned one word OH MY God!


Stranger: What are you saying?

Myself: Kept quite. [Enough of psychological torture and was like let him do what he wants]

Stranger: I’m talking to you [Shouting at me]


Well, this is what I have to tell you and it’s for your own consumption.
He starts to reveal

-Never ever accept lifts from strangers.
[These small cars for example are used for operations of killing]
I came from town passed you and your colleagues at stage and drove inside UMI, packed for three minutes and drove out pretending to be one of the students.
I asked for people of Bweyogerere because it was the information I tapped from you as I was driving in. [he heard us talking how frustrating Bweyogerere taxis could be]
We take advantage of the situations, for example when it’s raining or drizzling, and when there is scarcity of cars like now. It’s the time most people are desperate.

-Never trust people
You can never tell by outside appearance what one is.
For example, I’m smart, looked gentleman, with school bag claiming to be student of UMI.
I convinced you how difficult it is to get taxis to Bweyogerere as children are going back to school. Our lies are always based on simple logic.

-Never board a taxi of less than three people.
One will pretend to be the driver another a conductor, another a passenger.
-We even use special hire cars on self-drive, go execute the mission and hand back to the owner.

We use so many tricks like also requesting for a lift.
We are many in town and our mission is to kill.
Woman never ever, you are lucky because you were not even the target group, thank your God.
[Nearing the road to seventh day Adventist church- kinawataka.]
The ladies you boarded with were my target group and I know I will get them.
After he mentioned these words he behaved as if he was coming from sleep and stopped his car suddenly.
I’m going to leave you here.
[Next to where they wash cars- another dangerous zone]

Do you have transport?

Myself: No I don’t have.

Stranger: How are you moving?

Myself: ‘’I will walk.’’I replied.

Stranger: O.K get out and walk up to that house without looking behind and when you reach there, only come back when I have driven off. No making any noise and should you, then I Will shoot.
[As he points his pistol at me.]

Myself: Got out of the car, one of my shoes got off as I was trembling.

Stranger: ‘’Put on your shoes properly and quickly walk. [Shouting and very rude]

Myself: I was already psychologically dead and I knew he was going to shoot.
My wobbling feet could not support me enough and life was a mile away.
Walked five meters and heard this stranger take off at great neck speed.
Continued because my fear was he could come back and harm me.
I could not hold my tears, started crying and suddenly saw a man with gun coming towards me (security guard to the home I was ordered to move to).

Security guard:
Sorry, I saw you at gun point from a distance and I wanted to shot but unfortunately you were at close range and my fear was I would end up shooting you.
That one must be among the killer group. You are lucky.
Has he injured you?

Myself: Basically psychological torture and took some money but no physical harm.
Three minutes latter my dad called on the hidden phone that was on the side of the bag.

That watchman was helpful as he helped me to cross the road to board taxi to my home.
I was under fear for a full week but thanks be to God I’m coming out of it though the memories are still fresh.


This was a nasty experience that I wouldn’t like any body to go through and this is what I’ve to say:

- The world we are in is full of evil and please don’t make the same mistake.
- Watch out! You may not be as lucky as I was to come out of that quagmire.
- Please don’t give lifts to strangers for those with cars.
- Be cautious on what you talk and where you are talking.
- Be close to your God at all times and committee each day to him before any activity [Could be one thing that shielded me when I met the enemy, Remember the story of Daniel, Abednego and shadrack, Rescued without a scratch. God was also on my side.
- Please take care!

MAY GOD HELP US!

Thanks for sparing your time to read through this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home